The benefits of digital signage over static signs, in situations where changing signs are preferred over static signs, are that the content can be exchanged more easily and the signs can adapt to the context and audience, even interactively. Allwell IVS800HD high definition digital signage low cost solution can offer superior return on investment compared to temporary and/or promotional signs made from other substrates.
IVS800HD is used for many different purposes and there is no definitive list:
- HW SPEC
- SW SPEC
- HD Display：Digital HD Interface
- CPU：RISC ARM CPU / Digital Media Processor
- Video File Format：MPEG-1, MPEG-2(MPEG2-TS), MPEG-4.2, WMV9, AVI(DviX5/Xvid) , VOB file .
- Video Resolution ：480P, 576P, 720P, 1080i, 1080p
(VGA best on 1080p/Digital-HD best on 1080p)
- Graphic Photo：Baseline-JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF
- Audio File Format：MP3, AC3, AAC and WMA
- Audio DAC：24-Bit ADPCM, 192kHz Sampling Rate Stereo DAC
- Firmware：8MB Flash Memory (up to 16MB Optional )
- Main Memory：64MB DDR (up 128MB Optional )
- Storage：1 x slot for CF Card Turbo /2GB /4GB /8GB or 16GB (IDE interface) , Or internal DOM (IDE interface).Default come with 4GB DOM for content storage.
- On Board Battery：3.0Volts, Real Time Clock：Built-in
- Watch Dog Timer：time-out intervals from 1~255 level
- Power Adapter：100/240 AC- 12V DC Switching Power Adapter
- Other Video Output：D-Sub-15 VGA , AV / S , YPbPr
- Other Audio Output：Digital Audio from S/PDIF Coaxial RCA Jack
- LAN ：10/100 RJ-45 Jack
- USB 2.0 Host：Dual USB2.0 Jacks
- RS232 two Serial port：One serial port for console, One serial port for optional choose.
- 2.5" HDD： (IDE interface)
- Wireless LAN Card：802.11 b/g Adapter with Dual-Antenna (WLAN card for MiNi-PCI interface)
- Live Video Input Module ： NTSC/PAL- AV / S, Audio input Jack
(S-Video, Composite, Component, RJ45, USB, RS232, VGA)
(S-Video, Composite, Component, RJ45, USB, VGA, Video-In, Audio-In)
(S-Video, Composite, Component, HDMI, SPDIF, RJ45, USB, RS232, VGA)
(S-Video, Composite, Component, HDMI, SPDIF, RJ45, USB, VGA, Video-In, Audio-In)
- Scheduled Show List, Endless Loop Playback
- Auto Sign-In After Power On
- Embedded LINUX OS
- Remote Setup：LAN IP Address, Video Output , Screen layout , Sleep / Wake-up , Reboot player and Power self-timer
- Event Report：Report of Connection Failure
- Databank Update：Remote Site Incremental databank update
- Marquee (Scrolling Text)：Compose new ticker message
- LOG Management
- Centralized Content Management：
File Folder for Various Media Contents.
- Auto validation on content format.
- Each player has individual scheduled show list
- Different File Folder for Various Media Contents.
- Remote Site Monitoring：Warning Sign of Remote Site connection Failure
- Data Transmission：Content Update by Remote Site Auto Download
IVS800HD provids pre-defined layout templates for easy to interchange.
Networked Digital Signage System Architecture
There are 5 major panes on the screen:
- IVS800HD Players on line pane
- Playlist pane
- Player Content pane
- Server Content pane
- Operation and status pane
There is also a near real time player status feedback line at the bottom of the window. This line is updated periodically and spontaneously by the selected player indicates which file the selected player is playing on which video output connector and when was the last time this player has been seen on the network.
A new signage player enters or leaves the network interactive function controls:
- Storage Space: The total storage space and available storage space of the signage player
- Network Management
- Video Output Selection
- Screen Layout
- Scale Window
- Volume Control
- Event/Task Scheduling: Task scheduling is a power tool. The signage player can be scheduled to perform certain tasks periodically and automatically.
- POWER OFF
- POWER ON
- UPDATE CONTENTS
- POLL MODE OPERATION: The POLL mode idea is for the signage player to proactively poll a content server periodically for commands and contents through internet service port 80 which is normally reserved for WWW HTTP service. Firewall complexity is alleviated since most router allow port 80 to remain open for Web server.
- Ticker Message
- Refresh player contents
- Firmware Version
- Watchdog timer
- LOG Management
- Restart/wake Player
- Privileged Operations
IVS800HD Factory Default setup via USB sticks
1) Copy " sys " subdirectory to your USB sticks.
2) Your box-STB/Client must power_off then insert USB stick to box USB port .
Then power_on box-STB/Client , will be auto update " Factory Default setup " to box-STB/Client standard setup .
Standard Factory Default setup :
PC-Server IP : 192.168.10.10
Gateway : 192.168.10.1
Net Mask : 255.255.255.0
Box Client IP : 192.168.10.100
Box Gate Way : 192.168.10.1
Box Net Mask : 255.255.255.0
Box Host name : iDSA_S1
Box Video output : VGA 1280x768
Box Screen Layout : 3
WiFi Network Setup :
1) First must to disable " cable local LAN 8100 " setup
2) WiFi select " RT61 " WiFi LAN setup
3) WiFi ESSID ( customer data value from WiFi Router setup )
4) WiFi WEP_KEY 64-BIT( customer data value from WiFi Router setup )
5) WiFi Network IP address
Internet for nwetwork setup:
A. Internet connection between our DSA players and server can still be done by
1. Using VPN routers on both ends.
2. Using DMZ to pass through firewalls.
3. Using port forwarding or virtual servers.
B. There are a few options:
1. Use VPN router behind each firewall (the best choice)
2. Use DMZ for each player and the controlling server, our firmware supports DMZ.
3. If you want to use port forwarding, we use port 8888 (bidirectional) for API,
port 8899 (on the controlling server) for batch file transfers, and port 2121 (on the player) for ftp.
Note that ftp is set up to be passive mode, therefore the port 2121 is NOT the real data transfer port.
The real data transfer port is randomly chosen on the fly. Port forwarding in this case may not work.
(If can not to build up " VPN " link , you can setup " DMZ " or " Port Forward " .)
(If use " Port Forward " , 8888 / 2121 / 8899 three ports must to open work )
C. Support Web server HTTP polling mode (V3.25 upward version of iDSA controller)
800HD/850LV - EM8621LF I/O Performance with Linux
CPU166Mhz , Memory DDR400 64MB , Flash 8MB
Buffer cache read = 128MB in 2.83sec +/- 0.01sec = 45.22MB/sec +/- 0.1MB/sec
Buffer disk read = 64MB in 7.47sec +/- 0.1sec = 8.56MB/sec +/- 0.1MB/sec
823HD/823LV - EM8623LF I/O Performance with Linux
CPU200Mhz , Memory DDR400 128MB , Flash 8MB up to 16MB
Buffer cache read = 128MB in 2.53sec +/- 0.01sec = 50.59MB/sec +/- 0.1MB/sec
Buffer disk read = 64MB in 6.21sec +/- 0.1sec = 10.30MB/sec +/- 0.1MB/sec
power consumption 480mA +/- 10mA , CPU operation temperature 40 to 55°C
800HD/850LV (EM8621LF-166Mhz) + 40G 2.5"HDD
power consumption 690mA +/- 10mA , CPU operation temperature 40 to 55°C
Environmental temperature 0 to 55°C
Storage temperature -20 to 75°C
Operation Humidity 5% to 90%
823HD/823LV (EM8623LF-200Mhz) + 2G CF card
power consumption 500mA +/- 10mA , CPU operation temperature 40 to 60°C
823HD/823LV (EM8623LF-200Mhz) + 40G 2.5"HDD
power consumption 710mA +/- 10mA , CPU operation temperature 40 to 60°C
Environmental temperature 0 to 55°C
Storage temperature -20 to 75°C
Operation Humidity 5% to 90%
AV , S , YPbPr SD Video output and VGA output best on 1080p (1920x1080) high definition
HDMI output best on 1080p high definition
For MPEG-1 and MPEG-2, the codec is quite mature and sort of standard. Any commercial encoder and many open source endoers can do a pretty good job.
For WMV and WMV-HD, just to make sure the encoder produces WMV3 video and WMA2 audio. Bit rate is less than 20 Mbps. Most videos have bit rate ranges from 2Mbps to 8 Mbps.
For MPEG-4 in commercial encoder market, DivXnetwork has good DiVX encoders that are highly compatible with Sigma Designs chips, the only limitation is up to 20 Mbps (40Mbps maximum for EM8623), mostly between 2Mbps to 8Mbps.
If you want open source encoders, we most frequently use ffmpeg, it works very well too.
# ( The bit rate is up to 17Mbps on full screen work very well for 800HD/850LV_64MB. )
# ( The bit rate is up to 28Mbps on full screen work very well for 823HD/823LV_128MB. )
# ( The bit rate is up to 12Mbps on splits screen work very well for 800HD/850LV_64MB. )
# ( The bit rate is up to 18Mbps on splits screen work very well for 823HD/823LV_128MB. )
Audio DAC：24-Bit ADPCM, 192kHz Sampling Rate Stereo DAC
Audio File Format：MP3, AC3, AAC and WMA
1. MPEG-1, layer 1,2,3 (MP3) are all supported.
2. MPEG-2, MP-2, LPCM, and AC3 are all supported, Dolby Digital 5.1 channels is supported through S/PDIF. All DVD Video features are there except DTS. DTS is also supported but it needs additional license which we do not have. Therefore DTS decoder is not included in the package.
3. MPEG-4 audio AAC is also supported.
** The information is for reference only.
- Movie video format :
Mpeg 1/2/4 , Mpeg2_ts, AVI(DivX-5/Xvid) , WMV9/WMV9HD , VOB file.( “ SWF “ format must convert to Mpeg 1/2/4 , AVI , WMV9)
- Photo pictures format :
Baseline-JPG , BMP, PNG , GIF.( “ PowerPoint “ , “ PCX “ , “ TIF/TIFF “ format must convert to Baseline-JPG,BMP,PNG )
- Areas for Picture (picture list pattern) will only be for photo (only for photo)
These pictures format work very well .for reference and suggestion.
/ Automatic scale function on picture screen
Support 8 screen layout , screen layout 0/1/2/3/4/5/6/7.
Screen layout 0 = 1024x768/1280x768/1366x768/1600x1200/1920x1080 pixels, Up to 2048x2048 pixels, dot per inch 300 to 1200dpi
Screen layout 1 = 1024x768/1280x768/1366x768/1600x1200 pixels, dot per inch 300 to 1200dpi
Screen layout 2 = Pictures size format W183xH480 pixels, dot per inch 300 to 1200dpi (right side)
Screen layout 3 = Pictures size format W183xH480 pixels, dot per inch 300 to 1200dpi (left side)
Screen layout 4 = Pictures size format W384xH512 pixels, dot per inch 300 to 1200dpi (right side)
Screen layout 5 = Pictures size format W512xH384 pixels, dot per inch 300 to 1200dpi (left down side) / W384xH512 pixels, dot per inch 300-1200dpi (right side)
Screen layout 6 = Pictures size format W512xH384 pixels, dot per inch 300 to 1200dpi for three pictures.
Screen layout 7 = Pictures size format W183xH240 pixels, dot per inch 300 to 1200dpi for right side two pictures.
Screen layout 0 = 1024x768/1280x768/1600x1200/1920x1080, Up to 2048x2048 , 300 to 1200dpi
Screen layout 1 = tickers H 1/8 screen
Screen layout 2 = Pictures size W 1/4 screen, H 7/8 screen
Screen layout 3 = Pictures size W 1/4 screen, H 7/8 screen
Screen layout 4 = Pictures size W 1/2 screen , H 1/2 screen
Screen layout 5 = Pictures size W 1/2 screen , H 1/2 sreen - W 1/2 screen , H 1/1 screen
Screen layout 6 = Pictures size W 1/2 screen , H 1/2 screen - W 1/2 screen , H 1/2 screen
Screen layout 7 = Pictures size W 1/4 screen , H 7/16 screen
SD Movie Video standard format : 640x352 , 640x480 , 704x480 , 720x480 , 720x540 , 768x576 , 800x600
Digital HD Movie Video standard format :16:9 (720p , 1080i , 1080p )
WMV9-HD : 1280x720 , 1440x810 (1440x1080) format
MPEG-HD : 1280x720 , 1440x810 (1440x1080) , 1920x1080 format
Areas for Main video (Main video list pattern) can put high definition photo
( As: 1024x768/1280x768/1600x1200/1920x1080-1200dpi)
These Video movies format work very well .
Screen layout 0 (Full screen) = Video movie format 1280x720 , 480p / 720p / 1080i /1080p
Screen layout 1 = Video movie format 1280x720 , 480p / 720p / 1080i
Screen layout 2/3/4/5/6/7 = Video movie format 1280x720 , 480p / 720p